Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Did you know we have a lot of Birthdays in December?

Well, I think that I will officially declare that we have a lot of birthdays in December. There I said it, "so let it be written, so let it be done". (Bet you cannot guess what movie that is from?) Our good friends the Hart's have their daughter Phoebe who had her birthday last week. The girls and I went over to a fun McDonald's playdate and dined on hamburgers and sundaes, they loved it. We gave Phoebe a Little Pet Shop toy that she could decorate. The girls picked it out, it looked cute. Then, they had another birthday party for one of their friends at pre-school at Little Monkey Business. Phoebe joined us as well. I had three girls in the back seat of the van from here to Parker, it was an adventure. They chatted the whole time. I am not sure about what, but I just enjoyed listening to their little voices, so cute. Monkey Business is a place where they do indoor birthday parties. It is designed for little kids under the age of 7. So cute, the girls loved it. They had an indoor gym and a huge bouncy slide. It was nice for me, I was able to sit in a nice leather chair and read a book while they played and had cake and ice cream. It was quite dreamy. I love the new book I am reading. I have begun Phillipa Gregory's newest "The White Queen." So good, I love it. She has chosen to to a new series this is book one of three about the War of the Roses. The queen she is highlighting is Elizabeth Woodward who was the first queen after the wars. It is told in true Phillipa style, so well written, a great read.

So, back to the birthday celebrations. Mike and I then went out to PF Changs with our home teacher and his wife. He treated us to a yummy dinner, that was so much fun. I am not sure what makes PF Changs food so good, I just know I love it. We got the lettuce wraps and then some beef and chicken dishes. Yummy! We also got free desserts for our birthdays. I got the red velvet cake and Mike the carrot cake.

Then last night, some friends surprised me by taking me out to dinner at Maggiano's. My favorite. I had my usual which was the spaghetti and meatball. So good. We celebrated my friend Rochelle's birthday as well. Happy Birthday Rochelle! I am 8 days older than her. We were given some free lemon birthday cookies and blew out some candles as well. They also surprised me by getting some new paddock boots for me to ride Montego with. This is great, they are so nice and beautiful. Almost so nice, I do not want to wear them to get them dirty at the barn. That means it will not take the whole family to get the boots off my feet. Before, it took the kids holding me down and then Mike yanking them off of me. It was quite the process. In the birthday card, Rochelle wrote that the boots will help me jump over some of the smaller hurdles of my life. That has since brought tears to my eyes (and you know I am not a crier). I have had some really big hurdles lately. But, good food and even better friends make things more bearable.

I guess that means that Mike and the kids will have to come again to the barn to get pictures of me in the new boots so everyone can see how nice and beautiful they are. In case you are wondering what paddock boots are, they are ankle boots worn while riding.

Oh, by the way, the movie quote is from The Ten Commandments starring Yule Brennor and Charleston Heston. Yule plays the foreboding King Rames and that is his famous last words although he says it several time throughout the movie. It is a great movie if you have not seen it, I would recommend it.

This weekend is the birthdays and the graduation, it will be fun and busy and crazy. But, Mike is graduating and I am so proud of him. He has worked so hard and this is something he has wanted for a long time. Job well done dear. I sure love you, you are the best!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Lots going on in your house for sure! I will call you of course on Thursday, but will have to wait until book club to celebrate in person. But it sounds like you have already been living it up! Miss ya too, talk to you in a couple of days.

Anonymous said...

So fun to go out with friends for dinners, especially at such yummy places!! See ya tonight :)

Rochelle said...

Paula, I hope you know I love you dearly! :) You are such a great friend and I'm so glad you're in my life. Oh, I knew where the quote came from, by the way. Even though you are 8 days older than moi, you are only a little bit smarter! ha ha! Have fun this crazy weekend and try not to stress out too much. Happy, happy birthday!

Joe and Liz said...

You've got some great friends Paula...that was so sweet of them to get you those boots. Have fun ridin'! :)

About Me

My photo
My name is Paula, I stay home full time with my three children.