Monday, December 28, 2009

It's Beggining to Look a lot like Christmas

So, here are the pictures of the last couple of days around our house. A lot going on as usual. This one of Juliana was not my favorite, but she insisted on putting it on, so here you go. She was a little bit grumpy going into opening presents, but she soon warmed up to it. We had a really great Christmas and Christmas Eve. Mike had to work on Christmas Eve so, the kids and I planned a fun day to pass the time. In the morning we went to Skate City where every Thursday they offer a $4 class for an hour an half of skating. What a great deal, my kids loved it. We were the only ones there. There were more Skate City workers than class members, but they were all so cute and fun with my kids. They skated and I read a book, fun had by all. I just finished Micheal Connelly's newest book "9 Dragons." It was really good, entertaining and thought provoking as usual. The end took my by surprise, but he usually does that every time I read him. I highly recommend it for those who enjoy crime fiction. So, back to the festivities. I had the kids open up presents from Grandma and Grandpa Nelson and Romney that morning. Grandma Nelson picked out really cute jammies for the kids and then gave them money. We used our money to go and see Princess and the Frog. The kids loved it, it was really cute and the perfect way to spend the afternoon. The next day was Christmas morning. The kids woke up around 7:00 and then we opened up presents. They loved what they got. Mike got a nice shirt and I was given some great gift cards which I have already spent! Thanks dear you are the best! I then cooked a turkey and made a nice Christmas dinner with all the trimmings. It was yummy if I say so myself. That night we were invited over to some friend's house and put together some boxes for service men overseas as a service project. It was a fun evening of service and visiting. Thanks again Ames' for having us over, we had a great time.

We went to see Katherine as well, her headstone has been placed and looks beautiful. Let me know if anyone wants to come with me to see it sometime, anyone is welcome.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! Looking forward to having a fun New Year's Eve as well.























































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures of the girls with their hair down are so cute. I don't think I have ever seen then with their hair down like that! You know I for sure want to go with you to visit Katherine, soon!

Melissa said...

Sounds like a great Christmas! I am in disbelief over your girls' hair - I don't think I have ever seen it down! Other than the crazy bed head thing they are sporting, I love it down - you should style it down from time to time. Beautiful!

I would love to see the headstone, from what I know it is beautiful. Can't wait to see you tomorrow.

About Me

My photo
My name is Paula, I stay home full time with my three children.