Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Our big Peanut News

I failed to mention in the last post our other really great news that we found out on Monday. I took Joseph in for his peanut allergy food challenge test at the allergy doctor. The food challenge test involves a person giving Joseph a little peanut butter at a time. This made me nervous since this was the first time he has eaten it in almost nine years. But earlier this summer he had gone in and was re-tested for his allergies. His reaction to the tests were very slight and the doctor was fairly certain that he was no longer allergic. He then recommended the test. So, there we were in the doctor's office, the kids were watching Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer and Joseph was eating peanut butter and having apple juice to wash it all down. It was quite the scene. But, he ate all of it in small doses and then she watched him for over an hour while he ate it. He passed and is no longer allergic to anything. Peanut butter sandwiches here we come.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Fabulous news, I can only hope we'll be so lucky with Connor. Not holding my breath.

About Me

My photo
My name is Paula, I stay home full time with my three children.