Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Turkey Trot, Me and Montego Bay






















So, here are the pictures from the last couple of days. We had a fun and quiet Thanksgiving. We cooked the meal at the house and then packed it up picnic style and ate with Katherine. We spread out a large blanket and ate as a whole family. It was great weather and a nice dinner. We gave her some pink roses because they always reminder me of her. I used a new recipe from Food Network for the turkey after it cooked. I poured over a cranberry maple glaze, it was yummy. I also tried another new recipe that was called pumpkin cake, so good, I think I may like it better than the pumpkin pie. It was nice to spend the day as a family and we love and miss Katherine so much, we wish she was here but felt she was there in spirit.
The other pictures are of Montego and I as requested by several people. I began the lesson in the outdoor arena and then ended in the indoor arena just in case you are wondering why it looks like two different places. Mike and the kids came today and he was my fantastic photographer, thanks dear you are the best! If Montego looks like he has a buzz cut he does. They buzz cut the horses who live outside in the winter so when they are ridden they can cool down more quickly and not be effected by the cold weather. It was another great lesson, Montego and I worked hard together. The only hiccup was he was spooked and tried to buck me off. But, I held on and was calm and he slowed down. Oh yeah, I remember what it feels like to be bucked off. It is a feeling you do not soon forget. Other than that everything went well. The kids loved seeing the horses again and Mike seems to be warming up to him as well. The whole family if falling in love with him. It is just a Montego love fest.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to pack up Thanksgiving dinner and eat with Katherine.

Melissa said...

Fun to see you with Montego! I am glad he has been such a positive experience for all of you. Your Thanksgiving recipes sound divine - is pumpkin cake the same as my pumpkin delight? Super fantastic. Glad you got to eat as a family. The pink roses are so very sweet, just like Katherine.

Anna said...

Paula...it has been awhile since I have checked anyone's blog, so I was glad to see yours again. I love the horseriding pictures. That is so great that you are able to do that. I bet you are having so much fun! And what a special Thanksgiving. I love the picnic idea. You will always remember this Thanksgiving. Thanks for being such a great relative. I sure do love ya!

About Me

My photo
My name is Paula, I stay home full time with my three children.