Sunday, November 15, 2009

Montego Meets the Family

Due to the fact that Mike has worked late every night for the past two weeks, we decided to all spend the day together on Saturday. This meant that everyone came down to the barn with me. We bundled up the kids and Mike because it was about 40 degrees and some flurries in the air.

We arrived at the barn and found Montego. The kids adored him. He of course slobbered all over them but seemed to like them quite well. I had a captive audience as the family watched me tack him up and lead him into the arena.

We walked into the arena and Laurie welcomed the whole family. This was the first time she met Mike and Joseph. They sat on the side in tall director chairs so they could have a good view. There was a space heater next to them, so they were quite warm. All of them began laughing at me as I began to mount Montego. I said come on guys, you can't laugh at me yet I am not even on the horse.

I got on and the kids were fascinated with watching me, they loved it. Every time I went by Joseph would say good job Mom, you are doing great Mom. The girls loved seeing all the horses, for there were several riders in the arena at the same time. At one point Juliana tipped over her chair some how. I am not sure how, I just saw her falling. But, her chair was caught by a large trash can sitting right behind her. So, crises adverted.

I was able to do some more jumping over the cross rails. I could hear the kids saying get ready, she going to jump. They loved it and so did I. I just happen to be riding a horse who loves to jump so it is working out really well for me. He makes me look great. He has such great speed and form. Thanks Montego.

We then went to see Katherine and her headstone is ready to be placed. We saw it and are just waiting for it to be installed. It looks beautiful, I am looking forward to seeing it in its proper place.

4 comments:

Kayla said...

what? no pics? i'm so glad you took your family to see you ride...that's awesome!

Anonymous said...

I love that the family went to watch your ride. I bet it was fun to share this with them. I was wondering when Katherine's headstone was going to be ready. I went to see her Saturday and noticed it was not there yet.

Melissa said...

Yes, I'd love a picture of you on Montego! I am so glad riding him has brought you such joy. I would love to see the headstone, I know it is beautiful.

Margaret N. said...

What a fun time. Loved Joseph's comments--sounded just like him!! Wish we could see pictures.

About Me

My photo
My name is Paula, I stay home full time with my three children.