Friday, September 12, 2008

More about Glendale

Hello

Its me again. I was writing about the geese that lived in my apartment complex. They were horrible to live with. I hated everything about them. They pooped everywhere and I mean everywhere. So, when we moved to the "bigger" apartment the management told us that they were replacing the carpet in the new place. I was worried that with the move across the pond that we would track goose poop onto the new carpet. But it worked out alright. The move was quick because we did not have that much stuff. I remember carry my jewlery box and that was about it.

We waited until the move to buy anything for the baby. But, we could postpone it no longer. We had to begin buying things. Have you ever tried to carry a box for a crib up three flights of concrete steps? It was crazy. I suggested to Mike to call someone from the ward to help him carry it, but he would not ask anyone. So in the end, it was him and I who by that time was over seven months pregnant. That was one of the many things I hated about living there. We lived at the top of the concrete stairs. Our door faced the stairs so everyone time someone went up or down you could hear it. It was terrible. Another disadvantage was there was no washer and dryer in the apartment. So, I did all the laundry for us and a brand new baby once a week. I would get up before the sun every Saturday morning and put in 8-9 loads at a time. I would sit in the freezing cold laundry room and wait for the washers to complete the cycle. In the winter it was very cold, there was no heat in the room. I would wear my hat and gloves and sit on the counter and read a book. It was not very fun and I hated it. That was when I began working at the library. I knew I was up early to do the laundry so it made sense for me to work then. More on that later.

As the weeks went by, my health began to become worse and worse. I began to feel light headed and dizzy. It was tough, I did not know what was going on, what was happening. I was placed on a modified bed rest because my blood pressure was getting higher. At this point I had also been told that I had diabetes and had to modifiy my diet. That was a famous story. I was told I needed to see a diabetes doctor and my OB recommended one. We went, and she was the worst doctor I have ever seen. She informed me that I had put on too much weight. I had put on about 20 pounds at 6 months. Then she told me that I needed to loose some weight if possible. I think she forgot that I was pregnant. Then the best part of the story was when she asked me what I liked to snack on. I thought for a moment because I am not a really big snacker to begin with. Then I went with my Romeny roots and said I enjoy eating chips and salsa on occasion. She then suggested that instead of eating the chips, I should eat lettuce and salsa that was a better choice. What an idiot! Needless to say, I did not go back to her. I informed my OB that would moniter by gloucose at home with the pricking and then cut all sugar out of the diet. She seemed fine with it. It worked out alright.

Got to go, more later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only had to go without a washer and dryer for about 3 months....it was sucky. I can't even imagine doing it for so long with a baby!!

Tiffany Steele said...

Love your BLOG!!! I'm excited that you have one!!!! Well talk to you later.

Robbie and Barb's Family said...

Do all husbands insist on being able to do it themselves, then have us wives help them do heavy lifting?

About Me

My photo
My name is Paula, I stay home full time with my three children.