Monday, September 8, 2008

It's me again. I had a very busy week last week and I have not gotten on for a while. Thanks for the comments. I will figure out how to do that soon. Be patient with me.

Back to the honeymoon. The only bad part about the honeymoon was that we were hopelessly lost more than we were found. But this was before the GPS came out, but I am not sure if I know how to use them now. Oh well, we had a great time and made it back in one piece.

We lived in Mike's grandparents basement for two weeks before moving to Denver. They live on the north side of town near the University of Utah up on the benches of Salt Lake. They have a beautiful home that overlooks the city. It was nice to stay there and the rent was free so no complaints there. The only drawback was that the two beds that were in the basement were older than dirt. The one mattress his Grandmother proudly told us was the one she was born on. The other one was the one that my father-in-law slept on as a child. These were some old beds. Needless to say, I tried sleeping on the couch the first night, but that was rock hard. So, I slept on the floor the rest of the nights there.

We then packed up our meager belongings and then drove out in a piece of crap car all the way across I-80. I am surprised it made the trip. I lost count how many times the cheak engine light came on. We made it to Denver. We stayed in a rent by the week place until the apartment was ready. My in-laws drove a little U-haul out and helped us move into the small one bedroom apartment which was located in Glendale. Glendale is about two miles east of downtown and was less than a mile from Mike's job at Janus. It was a nice location, but I hated living there. I was miserable. The apartment itself was alright, but the side of town was terrible. The neighborhood and neighbors were scary. I really thought it would be a short term thing living there. Oh was I wrong about that.

Well, I am going to go have a late dinner now, more later.

Paula

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting I don't think I remember hearing about the old beds and sleeping on the floor. Good thing it was only for two weeks.

About Me

My photo
My name is Paula, I stay home full time with my three children.