Friday, October 16, 2009

A Very Special Moment



During our breakfast, each child was given a balloon. After eating, we decided to do a balloon release for Katherine. We headed over to Cinderella's Castle. To the right side of the castle as you are facing the front of it, is a wishing well. The wishing well belongs to Snow White and there are stone statues of Snow White and the seven dwarfs in a garden setting. We thought that this was the perfect spot to release the balloons and tell Katherine how much we love her and miss her. I could hear Snow White singing (because there is always music playing at Disneyland) her song from the movie. The words that she were singing at that moment we were there were: "I am wishing for the one that I love." It was so sweet and perfect. I have decided that this was my favorite part about Disneyland. We love and miss you Katherine and I was glad that you were there with us. The kids know that she has the balloons with her in heaven which I like to think that she does. The next thing we did after the release was go and ride Peter Pan. So, Mike and I were crying all through the Peter Pan line, oh well, it was a long wait so we were fine by the time we got on the ride.



3 comments:

Rochelle said...

Paula, I love that you were able to do that. What a great thing for you and Mike and the kids! Thank you for sharing that tender moment in your lives. So beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. It sounds just perfect. I am so glad you though of such a perfect way to remember Katherine.

Joe and Liz said...

That is the sweetest thing. I'm crying now reading about it. I know your kids will always remember that!

About Me

My photo
My name is Paula, I stay home full time with my three children.