Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sorry, you are getting all of this piece meal tonight. But I am back for a moment to write some more.

I just love this time of year, it is so fun for the kids. Joseph has his parade and party at school on Friday. It will be so nice to not have to stand outside and freeze like we have done it years past to watch the parade. The girls will dress up as well. They will parade outside this year around the school. Then Friday night we have our trunck or treat and then treak or treating around the street. The kids are so excited. The girls and I went to the library today for the reading group we go to every week. They were able to dress up and then go trick or treating around the library. They loved it. They only got like five things in thier pumpkins but they seemed really happy with that. They have played with the pumpkins the rest of the day. Juliana who is always wanting to take something to bed for the night insisted that she sleeps with the pumpkin. So that is what she is doing. Rachel informed me eailer that she loves Holloween and she cannot wait to go trick or treating. It is just so much fun, I love it with the kids loving it so much.

I went out for my good friend Melissa's birthday party/book club last night. We all had such a great time. Now that Melissa has moved up north to Federick, we met at the Northfield Stapelton Shopping area. We ate at a really great Mexican place there. I had the chicken enchalads Yummy! We then enjoyed some great desserts. By the time we were done, it was only 8:30, so the only place still opened after 9:00 was Super Target. So, guess where we went? Super Target. None of us wanted to go home yet. So, we "window" shopped at the Target and just kind of hung out there. Four moms hanging out at the Target. It was the happening place. We all had a great time. Happy 30 something to Melissa! We read a great book this month just in case anyone is interested it was called Whisteling in the Dark. I really liked it and recommend it.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

It was a great book and a great evening together. I miss being closer to you girls, and love every chance we get to hang out. Happy almost Halloween, have fun at the school part and trick-or-treating!

Joe and Liz said...

Hi Paula...the Halloween pictures were so cute of your kids. Sounds like you guys had a blast with all your activities.
I'm going to have to look into reading that book you mentioned. I just finished a really good one "The Wednesday Letters" by Jason Wright. and I've started reading "Christmas Jars" by him too. I've just really gotten back into reading some more. Have you read these ones?

About Me

My photo
My name is Paula, I stay home full time with my three children.