Thursday, April 1, 2010

Could I please speak to the Maitre De?

Maitre De, what a fancy name right? Well, come to find out that is the show name of the horse I am riding. Yes, the biggest horse at the farm is named Maitre De! What a funny name for a horse. I like Big Tom much better don't you? I guess Maitre De is his show name when he competes but Big Tom is his "barn"name. He used to compete on the professional level like Tego before being sold to Laurie. When I was getting on him the other day, Laurie called him Maitre De, I said excuse me?

I finally bought some new riding breaches to wear while I am riding. Both of the pairs I had from college I had being wearing these past several months. The one pair that fit me well had a hole in the seat of them for weeks, but I was still wearing them. Then they got a hole on the side by my knee and then I had to get rid of them, finally. I got a lot of wear out of them. So, the other pair were just way too tight. Lets face the facts here, I have had four kids. Back to A bit of Tack yesterday and I got a very nice pair that are very comfortable. Myself and my three kids were packed into the little dressing room while I was trying them on to make sure they were not too long. Not the best of circumstances to try on clothes, but I needed to get them before Friday, so there I was. But, I can be fast with trying on clothes when I need to be. Let me tell you I was speedy. I will look forward to wearing them tomorrow.

Joseph is off track right now, so we have a little bit more free time which is nice. We all went down to the new American Girl Doll Store the other day. It was really busy, I think I need to go back again when it is not so busy and I think the girls will like it even better than they already did. It was really cute, every little girl's dream. They loved to look around, Joseph did not. He was a good sport about it as he always is.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

And where is the pic of your new riding gear? Glad things continue to go well with your riding.

About Me

My photo
My name is Paula, I stay home full time with my three children.