Sunday, April 4, 2010

About the Pictures

So, here are some pictures over the last couple of weeks.

Last week Joseph had his pine wood derby. His car is the red one. He named it Manly Katherine. Manly after a decal that he placed on it and then Katherine after Katherine of course. He informed us that when we cheered for the car as it was racing that we should only say Go Manly! Go Figure?! He also received several activity badge pins for his Weblos and is planning to earn his badge within three months. He is so excited about that and is looking forward to earning it. Joseph loves scouts.

The boys had their first baseball game yesterday. It was Mike' s coaching debut and it went really well. They lost, but I am sure they will win some games later in the season as they get used to playing together as a team. It was nice to have some warm weather to play in, it was a great weekend weather wise.

I went riding on Friday afternoon as Mike had the day off for Good Friday. The lesson went very well except when I rammed my foot into the side of the fence in the arena. It was my fault, I asked Big Tom to move forward into the canter and he moved forward as asked of course but my foot got in the way of the fence. It made a really loud sound and then I felt stupid. Laurie was worried that I was hurt. I said the only thing hurt was my pride. As seen in the pictures I have on my new pants, hat, and gloves. I bought new riding gloves to go with my new fancy horse. If I may be so bold as to say Big Tom is my horse. He is mine for an hour once a week right? Laurie with several of her younger riders is going to California for two weeks to compete in a horse show there. They are planning to rent a condo there and stay the whole time. How fun for them, I hope they do well.

We had a good Easter. We did our Easter egg hunt yesterday after the afternoon session of conference. The girls got new blankets as their old blankets were being held together by tape, they were in some sad shape. Joseph got a new kite for the spring. He also got a toy that records everything you say. Every time we check out at Target my kids are drawn to this toy which is just by the registers. They love it and play with it every time we are there. So, the Easter Bunny brought it to Joseph. What the Easter Bunny did not realize was how loud it is and how much the kids want to play with it all the time, what was the Bunny thinking?

We went and saw Katherine today. She got a bunny and some pretty Easter Lillies. We sure miss her and love her very much. Holidays are very difficult when you have lost someone you love. It has been hard.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh how I wish sweet Katherine was with you every day, especially on the holidays.

About Me

My photo
My name is Paula, I stay home full time with my three children.