Tuesday, April 6, 2010

All About the Hubble

So, today the kids and I went to see the I-MAX at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. Joseph is off track right now so it was a nice afternoon activity to do. He needed to go to a museum to help earn part of an activity badge for Weblos. We have been to the Museum several times, so I thought it would be fun to go and see the movie there.

It was beautiful and amazing. They showed the astronauts repairing the Hubble for the last time before it is lost into space. They have repaired the telescope several times before and this was the final time and they were able to place several new lenses into it to see the vast expanse of space more clearly. It was fascinating. They had many different shots of space and stars. So clear and breathtaking. I learned something new as well. When you are in orbit, the sun rises and sets every 90 minuets, who knew?

They showed one of the astronauts eating a chicken burrito while on the aircraft. The burrito with the chicken on it flipped over entirely and the chicken never fell off. Incredible. Remind me never to go up in space though, the female astronaut's hair was sticking straight up the whole time and looked quite silly, not my thing I need my hair by my head thank you very much. If you need something to do with the kids, this was a fun outing.

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

That looks like fun. I wonder if it will still be there when we go off-track. Parker would be in heaven!!

Melissa said...

Ha ha about the hair. I love I-MAX shows, they are always amazing.

About Me

My photo
My name is Paula, I stay home full time with my three children.