Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bob the Bullfrog and the Olympics

For Christmas, Joseph got two webkinz from Santa. One is a lion named J-Man and the other is a very fat, very spotted and rather cute bullfrog named Bob. (Please do not ask me where the Bob part came in, it was Rachel's suggestion.) So, ever since Christmas, Bob has been a close part of our family. Joseph loves him and takes him just about everywhere. (I have told him much to his chagrin that he cannot take him to church.) I know, mean mom.

So, naturally, Joseph and Bob the Bullfrog watched the Olympics together. I am not quite sure who was more captivated, Bob or Joseph with all the events and athletes. I am not quite sure who had the bigger crush on Lindsay Vonn, Bob or Joseph? I am pretty sure it was Joseph, although Bob would have made a close second runner up or shall we say silver medalist? Just as a side note, Joseph is in love with Lindsay Vonn, he has always had a thing for older women. But he has good taste, she is beautiful. Bob's favorite events were the skiing and he loved it when they crashed. Bob (oh I mean Joseph) said that was his favorite part, to see them crash, must be a boy thing. Needless to say, we loved the Olympics!

Mike is beginning to start coaching Joseph's baseball team through the City of Aurora with another person from our ward whose son will also be on the team. They are so excited about starting. I am glad that Mike is done with school so he feels like he can commit to something like this. He will do great, and Joseph will love it.

We closed on our re-financing our mortgage this past weekend. It was a big process and I am glad that it is over. But, it has been for the best and it will be nice to have one payment instead of two.

Things at the barn are going very well for me and Tego. I had another really great lesson this past weekend. I am still continuing to do jumping patterns. They are very challenging but I love it and would not have it any other way. Tego always makes me look so good, he know what he is doing and I am learning a lot from him. Thanks Teg, you are the best!

This past weekend, I went to the hospital and worked for several hours on the scrap booking for Katherine. I really did not think I would be there that long, but I got there at 9:30 and left at 3:45. We did stop for lunch and then returned to work. It was a really good experience. The Creative Memories consultants donate their time and many of their supplies to the event. I enjoy scrap booking, but this was the Cadillac version of it. I have never worked with Creative Memory supplies, they were so nice, very high quality. I was totally addicted to it. The pages that I have done have turned out beautifully and I plan to return to do it again in June. The pages are sitting in my closet here and if anyone would like to see them sometime, let me know and come on over and I will show you.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I LOVE the story about Bob/Joseph and the Olympics - mainly Lindsey. Good taste! Yay for re-financing, and I'm glad things continue to go well with Tego. I would love to see the pages you did for Katherine - can you bring them next time we get together?

About Me

My photo
My name is Paula, I stay home full time with my three children.