Saturday, March 20, 2010

Leprechauns and Big Tom


A couple of weeks ago, leprechauns come and visited the girl's pre-school. They over turned tables and left a mess for the kids to clean up. So, when the girl's got home from school, they were talking a lot about leprechauns. So, later that day, Juliana asked me to write a letter to them. It goes as follows:


Leprechauns:


Could you please clean up the mess you left behind?

Could you please give me some candy?

Could you please give me some toys?

Could you please give me some gold?!

Could you please grant me a wish?

Where do you live?

My name is Juliana Nelson.

I love you.


She then asked me to hand the letter on the door that leads out to the garage so that the leprechauns can see it.


So, fast forward two weeks and you will see from the pictures what the leprechauns brought everyone.


The girls also had a really cute Leprechaun program that they performed for all of us at pre-school. Juliana was a leprechaun and Rachel was a toadstool, although dressed like a leprechaun and was holding an umbrella to make her look like a toadstool. It was so cute, and they did so good talking, singing, and dancing.


The Big Tom part of this post is about the new horse that I will be riding. Today was the first time I rode him. I met Big Tom the first time I went to the barn to take the tour and meet Laurie. He is very tall and the biggest horse at the farm. He is a beautiful black with a bright blue right eye. His left eye is brown and the blue eye is very rare to see on a horse. Laurie feels like I am getting good enough to begin to ride other horses, so Big Tom was my first try on a new horse. It went very well and he is a great ride, although very different from Tego. I will miss Tego, but I know I will ride him again. At the end of the lesson, Sarah remarked how much Tom liked me and how well I was doing on him. I said of course he likes me, I love him. He made me look good, just like Tego. Then as we were leaving the arena, I made the mistake of getting in the way of Tom's very large hoof and he stepped on my toes. Oh, that hurt. But my toes are intact and they are pretty badly bruised. I need to make sure I have better footing around him. He seems to be a little more in your face kind of horse. It was so much fun as usual. I look forward to the challenge of helping Laurie work with another horse that is coming off an injury and has not been ridden in over a year. I will begin to ride her in about a month. I met her today, her name is Mary and she is also a beautiful black altough quite a bit shorter than Tom.






3 comments:

Rochelle said...

Ouch! Are your feet okay? I hope things go a little more smoothly with Big Tom next time. I love Juliana's letter to the leprechauns. What a cutie!

Melissa said...

I love Juliana's letter, and totally second it, esp. the gold part. :)

Yikes about your toes, ouch! Good luck with Big Tom - sounds like a good new challenge, as long as your feet stay intact.

Kayla said...

that letter makes me laugh still. hope things are goign well with big tom.

About Me

My photo
My name is Paula, I stay home full time with my three children.