Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Silly Birthday Boys
















So, here are the rest of the pictures from the birthday festivities. As you can see, the boys had so much fun! Oh, the joys of three very silly boys at a very fun birthday party. Joseph invited his two best friends from school to join him for the party. Then he decided that he wanted to go bowling and then to Red Robin for dinner. We picked up the boys right after school on Friday. Mike took the afternoon off and then we went out for the fun. We arrived at the bowling alley in Lone Tree by the Park Meadows Mall and got all set up with a lane. The alley was very nice and Mike was able to set up the bumpers for the kids and then they went down for his turn. He actually did quite well on his game. Good job dear! I of course was the cheering section. I do not like to bowl so I just watched and kept a close eye on the five kids that I was in charge of at the time. Everyone had so much fun there. The girls used the little ramp that they provide to help them get the ball down the lane. They were fascinated by a young man next to us that was bowling several games in a row. Clearly he was there all the time and I am pretty sure he got a strike every turn. They kept telling me how good he was. The boys had a great time taking turns and in between turns we opened up presents. I have put pictures of what the Grandparents have sent him. Thanks guys! The Nelson's sent him Harry Potter books and a shirt and then my parents sent him a gift card to Barns and Noble. He loved spending the card and was able to get three more books there. He has a large stack on his bed side table of books, he reads every morning before getting up and then reads again before bed. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law sent him a cute horse Webkinz to go with his other ones. She said that it was supposed to remind him of Tego, but Joseph decided to name him Mickey. Go Figure? We got him Operation and then the girls got him a bulldog Webkinz named Vador as in Darth Vador and a Hippo named Z-Man after his friend Zachary.
After bowling and presents we headed over to Red Robin for dinner. The kids all had different kids meals and I had the cheeseburger and Mike had a steak sandwich. Everyone had a great time there as well.
The boys will begin baseball at the end of the week. Mike is so excited for it to start. He has gotten how to DVD's from the library and books about coaching little league as well. He is planning to go to a certification class this Thursday and become a certified coach through the City of Aurora. I know that we will be a great coach because he learned how to be a great coach from his dad who coached for many seasons his three sons when Mike was Joseph's age. Isn't funny how life is the same that way sometimes? Ron (my father-in-law) taught Mike and now Mike will teach Joseph. Circle of life I suppose.
Tego and I had a great lessons on Saturday. I did some more jumping patterns and they are becoming more difficult, but I am learning and slowly getting better. It was such a nice day that Laurie told me to walk around on Tego outside for a bit before getting off and untacking him. It was so fun to walk around until he decided he was done walking and began to eat dead grass by the trees. Oh, the joys of working with a large animal.
Joseph will be starting Weblos as well. I just cannot believe it. Ten years ago I was pregnant with him , it does not seem like it was that long ago. Happy Birthday my dear, sweet Joseph. We love you and are very proud of you.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

The fact that Joseph is 10 blows my mind. When I met him he was a toddler! Looks like a great celebration, can't wait to hear how baseball goes for both of your boys.

About Me

My photo
My name is Paula, I stay home full time with my three children.