Sunday, January 10, 2010

My New Chaps





So, as promised here are the new chaps along with the new paddock boots. The boots are ankle length and then the chaps hit me below the knee. They are so nice and comfortable. So much better than my other ones. Thanks to the Nelson's for the generous Christmas money that allowed me to go and get them.
I had another great lesson yesterday. I can barely walk again today, but it is so worth it. Laurie taught my lesson. She has been in Vail these last several weeks and I have been taking from Sarah instead. But, Laurie was there and she taught and did great. She made me work hard as it should be. There was another woman watching the lesson who is thinking about starting she looked to be about my age. Laurie told me that she had invited her to come and watch me ride. So, there was a little extra pressure. I was able to do a jumping pattern. I started by trotting over the cross rails and then turning at the canter and jumping over two more rails next to each other. It was fun and a great challenge. But, I did not fall off and Tego made me look great as usual. It was a great ride. Going to the barn these past several months have been so healing for me. It is nice to go to a place and forget all my troubles and heavy burdens that I am carrying right now. I love it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like another great lesson! YAY for new chaps!

Rochelle said...

They look very sharp! I'm glad you're enjoying them. You deserve it after all those years of wearing your old gear. ;) Very nice.

Lindsay said...

Nice! I'm glad you posted a picture. I thought chaps looked a lot different than that! I am glad you are enjoying them.

Melissa said...

You look fabulous my darling - like a true horsewoman! I am so glad you are enjoying your riding and that it has been a positive experience for you.

Kayla said...

you look HOT.

About Me

My photo
My name is Paula, I stay home full time with my three children.