Thursday, September 29, 2011

Just Because I love You and Miss You

Mike worked his half day yesterday so he and I met up around 12:30 to go see Katherine and then go out to lunch on a date.  We went to see our sweet Katherine to give her flowers as usual. 

I have been meaning to put the words that hand on a plaque by the statue of the angel holding the baby.  You know which one right?  That beautiful and peaceful statue that I love.  I wrote the words that are insribed.  Here they are:

Going Home (that is the title of the statue)

May the Source of Peace send Peace to all who Mourne and Comfort the Bereaved Among Us

Molly Dee Hankin

December 14, 1999

Under the source of peace quote are letters that look like they may be written in Hebrew, although I am not sure, but for sure another language.


As we were there, a family pulled up and got out.  It turned out that they were the family of the little boy who is buried next to Katherine.  The baby's name is William.  It was William's birthday yesterday and the family was there to celebrate it with him.  William has been there with Katherine ever since Katherine has been there.  He was buried there a few short months before her.  William's father asked what had happened to Katherine and we told him and then he said that was the same thing that happened to William!  The same time as well.  William has just turned 5 months.  William was the middle boy of three boys.  He has an older brother who is 5 and a younger brother who is about 2.  William's father said something very interesting to us as well.  He said that so many people say they understand how it feels to loose a child.  He said that he did not believe them.  But, when he met us, he knew that we understood.  We said oh yes, how we understand!  Happy Birthday sweet angel William.  I am so glad that you are in heaven with my sweet angel Katherine.  Perhaps we will be able to meet some day.  William was turning 3, as my Katherine will be turning three in January.  Farewell and Happy Birthday!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
My name is Paula, I stay home full time with my three children.