Sunday, August 5, 2012

Famuily Reunion: Connecting the Dots and some Dancing in the Dark

 Our last full day at the reunion was going to church all together as a family.  The ward we attended normally is very small but in the summer months the attendance swells to over 2,000 people on any given Sunday.  Joseph was asked to help out by passing the sacrament and along with his older cousin Corbin, did a great job.  We then went home and had a FHE all together and then "connected the dots" to all of our ancestors by telling stories about them and then doing some fun pioneer activities.  It was my mom's birthday that day so we celebrated that as well by having yummy Texas sheet cake and ice cream.  Happy Birthday to Mom!  Next on the itinerary was something that we did two years ago at the last reunion.  One of my mom's sisters brought up some glow sticks and we did an impromptu dance in the dark with our glow sticks.  So, with this reunion, my mom bought enough glow sticks and a whole glow stick pack to supply Coors Field from Amazon and then we all went to town, so to speak.  My brother Reed was the DJ and we danced the night away.  Reed and I did a very special rendition to Tiffany (the singer not my sister or close friend) "I Think We're Alone Now."  I acknowledge that there are only a few of you reading this who will know of that song and that singer but that's alright.  It was one of our favorites and Reed and I would sing and dance to it all the time in our basement with the cassette tape being played by my much prized pink boom box.  Ah, good times.  I would like to end this post with the words of Tiffany (again just as a reminder, the singer not my sister/friend).  "I think we're alone now, there doesn't seem to be anyone around now.  I think we're alone now the beating of our hearts is the only sound."  To you Reed, to you.  Oh and Reed, next time "We go sailing right out there, in our yellow VW bug, I want this song to be blaring, just blaring, because "I'm comin' to get you Reed, I comin' to get you!"  LOL my dear brother!  Thanks to Mom and Dad for another great reunion!  We loved it!




No comments:

About Me

My photo
My name is Paula, I stay home full time with my three children.