Thursday, March 15, 2012

Just Because I Love You and Miss You

 The other night in the on going grief group that we attend once a month the topic of discussion was about things that make you smile or laugh.  I had a very difficult time with this topic because for the past almost three years I have not had too many reasons to laugh, I mean really laugh.  (Except for the occasional Seinfeld episode.)  At the end of the night, our facilitator gave out these angel statues for each to take.  The hospital gets lots and lots of donations every year, these angels were part of the donations given.  We were allowed to choose the one we wanted.  Each angel was a different color and was holding a different pendant.  I know that you cannot see it well due to my very bad camera work, but the angel I choose is holding a rose.  How perfect!  One sweet and tender rose just like my sweet and tender Katherine.  So, since Tuesday I have been trying to figure out what makes me smile.  Well, here are some things (just to name a few).  1.  This picture of Katherine on my piano in the front room.  2.  The dried pink rose petals sitting next to the picture that my sweet and thoughtful friend Melisa gave me for Katherine's angel day.  3.  My children and husband (I know that goes without saying, but that needs to make the list right?).  4.  My sweet, thoughtful, supportive friends.  5.  My sweet, thoughtful supportive friends that I have made through the grief group who I would never have met had I not help to start it.  6.  The Barn.  7.  The feeling I get when I am on the back of Houston (the latest horse I am riding) at a full canter and just relaxing into the movement and feeling the strength that he has through his big powerful stride.  8.  How Houston always looks for the carrots that he knows I have tucked into my shirt pocket.  9.  The sights and sounds of the barn.


No comments:

About Me

My photo
My name is Paula, I stay home full time with my three children.