Monday, December 1, 2008

The completion of a great weekend

Well, the grandparents and girls made it back from the hotel in one piece all having a great time. Juliana woke up several times because she kept loosing her covers. But Rachel helped comfort her until my mom went over to cover her up. How cute is that? My mom said that she would hear Rachel say to Juliana, don't worry, Grandma will be here soon. So sweet! They all had a great breakfast and then got ready and came over.

When they got here we were able to get all the Christmas decorations out and the tree up and decorated. So, I feel really good about that. The kids love doing that, they get so excited. They put all the ornaments in one spot, so mom and I had to fix the tree just a bit. But, it is done and that is a releif. Mom was also able to make us one more freezer meal so we are set with some great meals in the freezer. Thanks so much mom!

Sadly they had to leave a little sooner than planned. Thier original flight was delayed an hour and a half so they decided to fly stand by on the eailer flight that was on time. So, they left and got back to Vegas without a hitch. It was hard to see them go, but everyone seemed to have a great time.

After they left and we got back I got a phone call from the other councelor that I work with in primary and she had the stomac flu, poor thing I felt really bad. So, that left just me manning all the controls for primary on Sunday. She was supposed to do sharing time and I was to conduct. The other two were traveling back that day from Utah. So, I called our music leader and she was able to do an extended singing time at the very last minute, thank goodness. She did great! I had called the bishopric councelor about the keys to the closet and then come to find out that he planned to help me out for both hours that day. So Mike and the other concelor were my primary buddies and it was great. It was nice to know that I was not all alone. It was a little busy but worked out well as do most church things. None of the kids seemed to even notice that things were a little off, so that was good.

I had another doctor's appointment this morning. It actually went alright. I am still on both medications and they are making me very tired. Everyday things and chores are becoming more and more difficult for me. I am glad that I have made arrangments for someone to come in and help. I have asked my sister-in-laws sister to come and help with the cleaning and maybe some babysitting. My sister-in-law set it up. Her sister is fairly new to the area and looking for a little extra work. Her and her husband are on the list through social services for adoption so she does not want to commit to a full time job. So, she is going to come over here and help me a little and we will pay her of course. But, I think it will work out well for both of us. She sounds really nice on the phone, and eager to help.

I am now in the pattern of going once a week to the doctor as I will begin the non-stress tests this next week. What they really need to do is hook me up to my real stress and then I would never pass! But it is important that I go and make sure that we are both fine. The ultra-sound went well last week. The baby is measuring in the 50% for height and weight. She weighs about 2.5 pounds right now. So, she is doing great and looks really cute if I say so myself. If is fun to see them grow and watch them progress. I am very grateful and realived that she is doing well. What a blessing, what a miracle. Many times throughout this process when the numbers have gotten crazy, I have said to myself, oh man I need a miracle. But, I know that the miracle has already occured and that I just need faith to pull me through. I need hope and faith which are sometimes hard to come by when you are facing a daunting task like this. I am grateful for the gospel in my life and for its teachings about the atonement and the Savior. Eventhough this is a heavy burden I know that if I cast it on the Lord that he will help me carry it. It will not go away until it is time for it to go away but it will be bearable.

Well, I am about ready to fall asleep at the computer so I will call it a night.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so glad you had such a great time with your parents, and freezer meals to boot! Glad the appointment today was OK, I think of you all the time. Sorry I missed your call, no need to mail the note - you can give it to me at Phoebe's party if you'd like.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you have a good visit with your parents. YAY for making it another week.

Joe and Liz said...

I got teary reading your comments. You are one strong woman!! I love ya!

Elizabeth said...

It sounds like you got a lot done over the weekend. Nice to hear that the baby is doing and growing well. What would we do without our faith to carry us through the difficult times? I'm glad that we don't have to find out..

About Me

My photo
My name is Paula, I stay home full time with my three children.