Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sort of a free moment

Hello

I have a quick moment to get on the computer and write about the last few weeks in the Nelson family.

I had a little shower from some of my friends in my ward a couple of Saturdays ago. It was really fun, I had a great time. We all met at Paradise Cafe at Southlands and enjoyed a fun lunch. Thanks again to my visiting teacher for treating me to a great lunch of homemade tomato soup and grilled cheese. The meal was complete with a great cookie and even better company. I only invited 8 people so it was a small crowd. Everyone seemed to have a great time and in no hurry to leave. I got some great clothes (in the perfect sizes that I need). It was just really fun, relaxing afternoon for me and everyone who went. Thanks again for everyone for coming.

The other big event in the month was Joseph turned 9 a couple of days ago. Holy Cow! When did he get old enough to turn 9?! On Friday (the day of his birthday) he brought in cupcakes to share with his class. He passed them out during Friday free time which it seems he was allowed to wonder around the school handing them out. He says he gave them to his 1st, 2nd grade teachers. Then he gave one to the nurse and tried to give one to the gym teacher who he loves becuase that is his favorite subject, but they were having an assmbly so he could not go in there. Like I said, he walked the school. Oh well, that is why I send 30 with him, so he can share the love.

The next day was the party. I told him he can invite two friends to come along. He choose two boys from school and then we loaded up the van and went out to Chuck-E-Cheese. We were there with the other half of the city of Denver. The kids did not seem to notice though. We opened presents and then blew out candles. Then somehow Mike got off the hook by sitting in a corner with the baby while I chased around 5 kids handing out tokens and collecting tickets. They all had a great time.

We then went to Red Robin for dinner. The boys were a little silly while sitting and waiting for the food. But, we had a great waiter and were signaling to him to hurry up the order. The kids all calmed down when the food came and all ate it gone. There is something about that place that kids love, they have great food. I had a great mushroom/swiss burger, yummy! They sang to him and he got a hot fudge sundae in which the three boys devoured in about 3 seconds. Shoo!! Another crazy birthday under my belt, three more to go in the year.

Well, I have got to go feed three kids, more later.

Paula

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Glad you had a lovely shower-lunch; sounds yummy! And it is not possible that Joseph is 9. Crazy, I tell ya!

About Me

My photo
My name is Paula, I stay home full time with my three children.